I want to thank you so much for your prayers and support for this ministry. I like to try to keep you informed about the results of your efforts.
In the past quarter, I had major hip surgery for the third time. I blocked out some extra time not knowing how long I would be out. I mentioned that God really showed me favor in leading me to a great doctor – Dr. Todd Sheils. It is a fascinating story about how all that happened that I might share in the future. As a result, I have done far better than expected. I am actually walking about a mile and a half, 3 or 4 times a week. I am walking without a limp and have no pain. I’m not on any antibiotics. I feel great!
Because of limiting my travel, I concentrated the last quarter on a lot of things mostly within the state of Alabama. Below are some of the ministry opportunities in which I was involved this last quarter:
- I spoke at a state baseball coaches conference in Birmingham with 450 coaches attending.
- I spoke at Troy University to the capstone leadership class, which is comprised of 45 outstanding seniors.
- I spoke at a prayer conference at Christ United Methodist Church in Memphis, TN.
- I spoke at the Female Factor at Troy with about 200 women attending.
- I participated in the River Region Sports Commission meetings and planning for events in Montgomery, including the Camellia Bowl, all-star games, etc.
- I met to help plan a summer conference for high school baseball coaches and their wives.
- I officiated at four funerals and one wedding.
- I preached at the Maundy Thursday communion service at Wesley Gardens UMC Retirement Home.
- I stayed current with 60 daily radio and Facebook audio devotions.
- I wrote 13 weekly blogs for newspapers and social media publication.
- I was able to participate in a monthly telephone prayer time with some leaders of large para-church organizations in the United States.
- I continued writing the fund-raising letters for The Confessing Movement.
- I met with pastors from Georgia and prepared a podcast for ministers concerning the ways in which churches must respond to change.
- I’ve participated in video segments of Unsung Heroes to be used in many venues in the near future.
- I did short-term coaching for 3 pastors. I did leadership consulting with 4 churches.
- I met with the coordinator of a National Civility Leadership Congress to plan a national program.
Thank you so much for your support. I have a lot of great opportunities this summer and fall. Please pray that I will always be focused to see God’s doors open and courageous to walk through them.
For the Cause of causes,
John Ed Mathison