I want to thank you for the tremendous support that you have given to the John Ed Mathison Leadership Ministries. You have invested your time, your prayers, your financial resources, and your encouragement.
At the end of the year 2010, I want to give a brief recap report to you. This will show you how your investments have been used and also help you pray more specifically for the ministry in the future.
I have a passion for helping train pastors and laity for effective ministry. This is a part of our mission statement and our mission strategy. God continues to open many doors for that. In the past two years I have had the opportunity to give training to over 5,000 pastors.
Here is a sample of some of the training/preaching/speaking opportunities during the year 2010.
- Pastors’ Conferences in Buenos Aires and Cordoba, Argentina
- Congress on Evangelism – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Billion Soul Interdenominational Conference – Orlando, Florida
- Guntersville, Alabama District Ministers Conference
- Elizabeth City North Carolina District Ministers
- Montgomery, Alabama District Ministers
- St. Louis, Missouri District Ministers
- Danville, Virginia District Ministers
- Albany, Georgia – Ministers and laity
- Atmore, Alabama – District ministers and laity
- Dothan, Alabama – Local Church leaders
- Lincolnton, North Carolina – Ministers and laity leaders
- Lake Junaluska, North Carolina – Church administrators for South Eastern Churches
- Birmingham, Alabama – District Ministers
- Co-sponsor “next level ministry” for 60 Pastors from North Alabama and Alabama-West Florida Conferences meeting 4 times a year.
- Lead, with Maxie Dunnam, a Matrix Connexion for 20 pastors selected from across the U. S.
- Preached 117 times.
- Ministered in 43 different cities – 10 different states.
- Preached at the Alabama-West Florida Annual Conference Memorial Service.
- Preached in 12 revivals/Preaching missions.
- Preached in 2 campmeetings in South Carolina and Georgia.
- Preached at Renewal Group Banquet at Northern Illinois Conference in Chicago.
- Preached inauguration sermon for new President of Wesley Biblical Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Preached at 7 District Conferences.
- Spoke at several non-profit banquets such as Neighbors in Christ and Sav-A Life.
- Participated with 90 Pastors of largest United Methodist Churches and 33 Bishops in Park City, Utah, conference.
- Had daily radio devotional on WLWI.
- Wrote a weekly blog.
- Conducted 8 funerals and 6 weddings.
- Spoke at the Montgomery Chamber of Commerce meeting and River Region Hotel Hospitality meeting.
- Served as Chairman of the Investment Committee for the United Methodist Publishing House.
- Served as Chairman of the Southeastern Jurisdictional Committee on Episcopacy.
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Confessing Movement.
- Had new book Transformed Living in Tough Times – 60 Devotionals published by Cokesbury.
One thing that was accomplished this year was our approval by ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability). This is one of the most stringent processes for non-profit organizations. There are seven different areas in which a non-profit group must comply. We were accepted in the year 2010.
Being a part of ECFA is a huge step toward insuring financial accountability. When I was Senior Minister of Frazer, if an organization requested mission giving and they were members of ECFA, we knew that they were financially accountable.
ECFA has an excellent website which is www.ECFA.org.
We are also blessed to have a tremendous Board of Directors. I am going to list their names so that you can pray for them. You can go to our website www.johnedmathison.org to see a full resume of each of our directors.
Mr. Mike Henig – President, Henig Furs
Mr. Mike Hutson – Retired President, Burford Equipment Company
Dr. Gaeton Lorino – Partner, Montgomery Pulmonary Consultants
Ms. Lucinda Samford Cannon – President, Cannon Ventures
Mr. Harold Faulkner – Retired President, Faulkner Insurance Agency
Mr. Craig Coblentz – President, Equipment & Parts Specialty Company
Dr. Stephen Davidson – Partner, Montgomery Cancer Center
Mr. Wilbur Hufham – Retired President, Regions Bank
Mr. Ken Love – Certified Public Accountant Chair, Audit Committee, Federal Land Bank
I continually stand in amazement at the doors that God opens for this ministry. It far exceeds anything I had ever dreamed of. Thank you for help making this possible.
There are great opportunities for 2011. Please pray. Our new brochure suggests that we pray:
1. Expectantly – Matthew 7:7
2. Dangerously – Acts 4:29-31
3. Persistently – Luke 18:1-5
4. Bodaciously – Matthew 21:22
To God be the glory!
For the Cause of causes,
John Ed Mathison