Below is a brief recap for the first two months of this year. I have tried to briefly hit some of the highlights.
- Taught a leadership class for the pastors and laity of the Montgomery-Prattville District of the Alabama-West Florida Conference
- Spoke at the football banquet for 101 college players participating in the Classic All-Star Game in Montgomery
- Preached at Buncumbe Street United Methodist Church in Greenville, South Carolina
- Spent four days in Los Angeles, California with 40 leaders from around the world who are a part of the Billion Soul Initiative to start 5 million churches and win 1 billion people to Christ
- Spent four days in Myrtle Beach, North Carolina speaking to about 300 senior adults from that Annual Conference
- Preached at the evening worship service at Frazer United Methodist Church
- Officiated at 3 funerals for friends in the Montgomery area
- Attended the Confessing Movement Board of Directors meeting via conference call
- Preached at the three contemporary worship services at Frazer United Methodist Church
- Preached at a special celebration service commemorating the 175 Anniversary at First United Methodist Church in Opelika, Alabama. This was my home church and my Dad served there for 12 years. Part of that celebration was to honor his ministry. My Dad’s nickname was “Si” Mathison. Most people thought it was his real name. They had a picture of him and of course he was listed as Si Mathison. I was able to take my son, Si Mathison, and my grandson, Si Mathison and show them the real Si Mathisons. They are actually named “Si.” It was interesting for people in Opelika to meet my family carrying on my Dad’s name.
- Preached at Lenten service for Mulder Memorial United Methodist Church
- Met with several Pastors on an individual basis
- Participated in Legislative Prayer Breakfast
- Recorded 40 messages for radio and my Facebook account. A 2-minute audio message is posted on Facebook each day.
- Recorded 21 2-minute television programs to be used as a part of the multi-touch interactive IPad, Nook, and Kindle edition for the book “When God Redefines the Possible.” That book should be available online in a couple of weeks.
- Spoke at the Montgomery Optimist Club
Thank you so much for your continued support!
For the Cause of causes,
John Ed Mathison