June and July have been very productive months. I preached 27 times in a variety of settings. Below is a recap of some of the major events in which I participated:
- Alabama-West Florida Annual Conference – Our ministry was given a display booth during the Conference.
- Spent 3 days speaking 4 times to a lot of coaches and their families at a conference. I posted a couple of blogs about this. I love working with coaches.
- Preached 3 days in Bonifay, Florida, at a Camp Meeting.
- Preached at the Church in the Pines at Lake Martin. This was the 38th year that I have been privileged to preach there.
- Preached at the Auburn United Methodist Church – my brother George is the pastor there and it is one of the most exciting churches in our Conference.
- Preached at the 163rd Homecoming for the Ramer United Methodist Church.
- Preached for 8 days at the Shiloh Camp Meeting in Pelahatchie, Mississippi – Great experience!
- Posted blogs each week.
- Posted a daily 2-minute audio devotional on Facebook.
- Continued coaching a couple of pastors and worked with one church in Birmingham.
- I enjoy serving on the River Region Sports Commission. This group has really brought a lot of sporting events to Montgomery. You will be hearing more about the College Bowl Game in December.
- I enjoy participating with the PSIF which provides life insurance for all of our law enforcement people.
- Spoke at and participated in the S.T.E.P. Foundation fundraiser.
- Made recordings for daily radio devotionals on WLWI.
Thanks for your prayers, encouragement, and support for this ministry. A huge responsibility will be coming up on the first two weeks in September as I go to teach and train pastors in India as a part of the vision to plant 5 million churches and win 1 billion people to Christ. I didn’t know it would take so much time just to secure a visa for India. I wound up making two trips to Atlanta involving qualifying for the Global Entry with the TSA and getting the visa. I’m grateful that several folks helped with both of those.
Thanks for your support.